Tuesday, October 16, 2007

We are pregnant!!!








Well, Dane and I have been TTC for sometime now. I have been thinking for about a month now, how cool would it be to give Dane a positive pregnancy test for his birthday. So one day on October 6, 2007 he went to photograph a wedding and I decided to take a test. It took a few minutes, but said PREGNANT!!!! As you all probably know there is no way that I could of kept it a secret from him until October 8th (his birthday). So I went out to get his birthday presents from me, and I went down the card aisle and got a card from a child that said "Hey Daddy" on the cover. It was perfect. So when he came home from the wedding, I gave him an early birthday present. Two digital pregnancy tests in a bag with the card from the child. On the envelope I wrote "To someone special".... he opened the card first and read "Hey Dad--" He couldn't finish it, he had this HUGE smile on his face, and he gave me a HUGE hug!!!! And said really?!? And I was so excited I took the tests out of the bag for him and said "see"... :)

We are scared, for a repeat experience of what happened in July. That was a really rough time for the both of us, and we hope that we won't have to go through that again. With this pregnancy we are taking it day by day, and cherishing every moment we have with this baby, and we hope that we can see and hold our baby around June 17, 2008!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

I feel very lucky I was the very first one you told. I believe everything with this baby will be just fine since you got to tell me in person. You will be the very best mommy! I cannot wait to see you and your baby together. I love you, your mommy.