Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Our First Appointment...

On October 12, 2007 we had our first prenatal visit. I was 4 weeks 3 days. They didn't really do too much, just gave me a goody bag of magazines and brochures. I wanted my doctor to give me blood work (which she did) but I also wanted to come back Monday to make sure my HCG levels were doubling. She took me back into her office and told me that she can not prevent another miscarriage from happening, and that I need to settle down. If it's going to happen it's going to happen. She's right, but it still made me slightly mad. I just want to make sure that this pregnancy is doing well. Well anyways, I went to get blood work done, my first round. The HCG level came back 675. Which is where you should be during the 4th week. So I am very happy about that. Now I just wish I had another number to compare it to. Next week my doctor is going to attempt the first ultrasound. I will be 6wks 1 day. But that's another post.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

I was so happy to hear you are right on track with your levels. I hated seeing you like you were in the hospital from the horrible miscarriage. That about broke your mommy's heart. Nothing worse than seeing your baby so devestated. I believe our little baby will be here in June and I will be more than happy to be at the hospital then! Congrats to both you and Dane. Love mommy