Monday, October 22, 2007

First bout of morning sickness!!

So the books aren't kidding when they say you should see morning sickness in the 6th week. Today I am 5 weeks and 6 days pregnant. Last night I got up at 2:30 to make my nightly trip to use the restroom, and came back to bed to expect to fall back to sleep like I usually do. Nope, it wasn't going to happen, I finally got back to sleep at 5am. Then at 6:15am my alarm woke me up, and it was time to get ready for work. Well I got dressed and I sat down to put my socks and shoes on and that's when it hit me... It's really hot in here and I am starting to get dizzy. Then I went to go brush my teeth, and I gagged, and I gagged again, and the third gagging meant business. I ran to the toilet where I hunched over and well you can guess what happened next. Dane woke up and came to my rescue. He stood beside me rubbing my back :) . He's the sweetest husband EVER. So that was my experience with the first morning sickness. I think I still have many days of it to come, but I thought I would mark the first time I ever had it. Dane e-mailed me at work today and told me that it was weird and he felt like he was in a "prego movie"... and he said that it's exciting to go through the progression of pregnancy. I told him that I am glad that he gets joy out of seeing me puke :) I am so glad that he is there to be by my side through everything. He's been great. He's the best husband I could ever ask for, and I know he will be the best daddy!!! I think I am in a mushy mood now... so I'll end it here before this gets to be another topic.

4 comments:

Masons Mommy said...

Aw. That was so sweet! He is goin to be a wonderful Daddy. And Yes you will have LOTS of morning sickness. Thanks for the Update!!!

Unknown said...

Ugh... Morning sickness, I'm sooo glad that is over with. But I was like you, it made me happy at the same time since it is a sign of a heathly pregnancy. ;) You guys are all in my prayers!!!!

jgriffin84 said...

Awww.. that made me tear up. That is so sweet of Dane to be there for you like that. When you feel like you are going to get sick to your stomach try to eat a cracker or a piece of bread, that may or may not help, but if it helps thats even better.. As for me im getting indigestion and reflux everynight.. Im so happy for the two of you.. keep up the good work!!

Vicki said...

Hi sweetie, I know that part is not fun, but it will be worth it in the end. I'll let you put on your blog the news you shared with me last night. I love you my darling daughter. Hope you didn't up chuck my spaghetti...

Love mommy